Products Then and Now

This spring I bought some new makeup products that I was really excited about and I definitely included in a favourites post and a mini review. I find that often I am really into and really excited about a product when I first buy it that I rave about it but then after a month or so of using it on a fairly regular basis, I often realize that it's really just an alright product. So without further adieu, here are some feelings about products that I purchased earlier this year.


Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
I still really like this product. Great colour, great packaging, somewhat moisturizing. The way a lot of people talk about Revlon Lip Butters it makes them sound super moisturizing. They're not. They feel nice, but they are no replacement for lip balm.


Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Everyone loves this foundation and so do I. It's fairly natural looking, fairly heavy and will last all day.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews about this product and at first I was a little unsure of it but I quickly learned to love it. It's super natural looking, light weight, goes on really easily with a makeup sponge plus it has SPF 30 in it. That said, I would be cautious about it if I had super oily skin. My only complaints are that it is really liquid-y and although it's a squirty tube, it being a twist on cap and sits with the cap to the floor, it makes it a little messy.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer I've already done a separate review on this because I kind of wanted to rant a bit. You can click Here if you want to read about it.

Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Mascara
I have mixed feelings about this mascara. If you want more natural looking lashes, this is definitely a good mascara to try as it is very delicate to use in some ways. It has tiny little bristles that are quite hard, which makes applying not the most comfortable thing. Also, it is not waterproof. But I do really like how it makes my lashes look, none the less.





NYC Color Wheel in All Over Bronze
I am not crazy about this bronzer. You have to get a lot of bronzer on your brush for it to really show up at all. I do know that NYC supposedly makes better bronzers than this one so I definitely wouldn't go and waste my money on this again. 


Rimmel London in 
I really like the colours in this little palette. They're not the absolutely best formula or anything but they are really decent and I have used all of the colours at least once. 

NYX Eyeliner in Black/Brown This is definitely one of the best eyeliners I have used. (Not that I've tried too many or anything.) But it's smooth and I really like the colour. Plus, it's not expensive.

Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Ginger Flame
I really love this product. It's a fantastic colour and formula for a very reasonable price. If you're looking for a good everyday eye colour/product, definitely try one of these. 
I hope you enjoyed these mini reviews and are having a lovely day! Cheers!






1 comments:

  1. That NYC bronzer looks really good!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Powered by Blogger.